Your education is within reach, and we're here to help
At UW-Platteville, we are here to assist you on your journey as you apply for financial aid, explore your options, and make a plan to finance your education. It is important to us that you have the information you need along the way and understand how to use financial literacy resources.
Whether you are applying to the Platteville, Richland, or Baraboo Sauk County campus, follow the instructions below to start your financial aid process.
Financial Aid Eligibility
To be considered for financial aid, you must meet the following guidelines:
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Earned a high school diploma, GED or HSED certificate
- Admitted to UW-Platteville as a degree seeking student
- Demonstrate financial need (except for Federal Unsubsidized Direct, Parent Plus, or Alternative loans)
- Valid social security number
- Be in compliance with the Selective Service registration (if required)
- Not be in default on any educational loans and not owe a repayment on any federal grant
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress once in school in accordance with federal regulations
- Enrolled in at least six credits per semester for undergraduate students and five credits for graduate students