- Ph.D. University of Iowa, History
- M.A. University of Iowa, History
- B.A. University of Missouri-Columbia, History and German
- Middle Ages
- History of Science
- Jewish/Christian Relations in the Late Middle Ages
- History of the Middle East, Reformation Europe
- Medieval Europe
- Renaissance and Reformation Europe
- History of Western Science
- Modern Middle East
- Women in European Civilization
- World Civilization I
- Christian/Non-Christian Relations in the Late Middle Ages
- Scientific Revolution
- Alchemy in the Sixteenth Century
- Latin-to-English translation of The Little Book of the Black Venus, by pseudo-John Dee, online publication in The Journal of the Western Mystery Tradition, March, 2007.
- “Jewish Witness, Forced Conversion, and Island Living: John Duns Scotus on Jews and Judaism,” in Jews and Christians in the Twelfth and Thirteenth Centuries, ed. Michael Frassetto, Routledge Publishing (2006).
- “Jews and Judaism in Peter Aureol’s Sentences Commentary,” in Friars and Jews in the Middle Ages and Renaissance, ed. Steven McMichael, E.J. Brill Publishers (2004).
- “Robert Holcot on the Jews,” in Chaucer and the Jews, ed. Sheila Delany, Routledge Publishing (2002).
- Confronting the Specter of Unbelief: Christian Theologians on Jews and Judaism, 1250-1550 (book in progress).
- Research on alchemical cosmology and the Scientific Revolution