Ph.D. History, University of California, Davis
M.A. History, San Francisco State University
B.A. History, San Francisco State University
- Latin American intellctual and cultural history
- History of the Atlantic World
- Gender and Women’s History
- African Diaspora and World History
- HIST 1020: World Civilization II
- HIST 3660: Colonial Latin American History
- HIST 3670: Modern Latin American History
- HIST 3650: Women & Gender in Latin American History
- HIST 3640: Modern African History
- Review of The Ailing City: Health, Tuberculosis, and Culture in Buenos Aires, 1870-1950 by Diego Armus. Journal of the History of Medicine and Allied Sciences 3 (2012): 507-508.
- “To Educate and Protect: Politicians, Nurses and Poor Women in Rio de Janeiro, 1930-1945.” Revista de Historia Iberoamericana 3, no. 2 (2010): 22-46.
- Review of From Slavery to Freedom in Brazil, 1825-1900 by Dale Torston Graden. Journal of Colonialism and Colonial History 9, no.1 (2008).
- In preparation: Female Bodies/State Desires: Women, Modernity and the Brazilian State, working title. Book-length manuscript.